Sonntag, 25. September 2016

Die traumhafte Landschaft und das Klima (English version)

The wonderful landscape and the climate

The climate up here close to the Arctic circle is very special. Thanks to the gulf stream coming from Mexico and Middle America we have moderate temperatures. Average temperatures during winter are -4 degrees. Without the gulf stream no one would be living that far north here in Tromsø as it would be way to cold. In summer 15 degrees are considered as warm already but sometimes you even have 20 degrees or a little more. Right now in the end of September we mostly have temperatures around 10 degrees or a little less.

 The weather is shifting very fast. It has happened several times to me that I left for work wearing a sweater and a jacket and when I arrived in the city after a 15 minutes bus ride it was so warm that I went on in T-shirt. One minute it can be quite sunny  and 10 minutes later heavily raining. Oh yes and it rains very often. When I left Tromsø after my first visit it was raining and when I moved to Tromsø and arrived at the airport it was raining again :D The rain will soon be displaced by the snow though. Often it is already there in September I was told. I did see some new snow on the  mountain tops but not more yet.

Furthermore, the air up here is very fresh and clear. It seems like you can inhale the beautiful nature around you. Sometimes I catch myself at just gazing at the beautiful landscape you can even see from the very city centre at the harbour.

In August you can enjoy the midnight sun in Tromsø. At that time of the year we have daylight 24/7. But already now coming to the end of September it starts to get dark around 7 pm. It will continue like that. Every day it gets dark a little earlier until in late November the dark time starts. During that time there will only be some dim light from around 10 am to 2 pm and the rest of the day it will be dark.

The Northern Lights season has aready started. Tuesday this week there was so strong activity that we could even see the Lights just above the city! I am very excited to see more of  the  Northern Lights or "Aurora Borealis". I will dedicate a seperate blog entry to them :)

Below you see some shots taken in August giving you an idea of how beautiful Tromsø is :)

Auf dem Weg zum Training / on my way to handball practice

Ausblick beim Abendessen/ the view at dinner









Blick auf die Brücke zwischen Tromsdalen und Tromsø und die Ishavskatedral/ view of the bridge connecting Tromsdalen and Tromsø and the Arctic Cathedral





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen